How do I care for my piercing?
- WASH YOUR HANDS
- Twice daily thoroughly rinse your new piercing with a sterile saline wound care. DO NOT use contact lens or nasal solution.
- Follow up rinse by using a single use non-woven gauze, saturated with sterile saline, to wipe off any buildup or “crusties” that are stuck to the jewelry. Do not wipe or scrub where the jewelry and skin meet.
- DO NOT twist, turn, pick at, play with or otherwise touch your healing piercing unless you are cleaning it. These can lead to healing complications.
- Avoid friction and/or pressure of any kind while healing. These can change of the original position of the piercing, and delay healing.
- If your piercing gets dirty or touched, clean the pierced area as suggested above.
Things to avoid:
Avoid any harsh chemicals such as:
- Isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol,
- Neosporin, or any other ointments or skin creams
- Body washes
- Essential Oils
- Any and all other stringent chemicals you may come in contact with daily
You also should be mindful of any physical activities you may participate in while healing. Consider safety, and avoid harm as much as possible. If snagged, bumped, or hit, quickly rinse under cool running water for 1 minute, then let breath for 30 seconds. Repeat this process until pain and redness has subsides. Follow up with a sterile saline solution rinse and water over it until things return to normal.
Any other questions?
If you have any other questions or concerns involving your piercing, please go see your professional piercer.
WE DO NOT PROVIDE SMILEY OR SNAKE EYE PIERCINGS